A guide for the Hulu series “Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation.” Noted are the cast members, information about their character(s), and details about the series (with spoilers) throughout its run.
Please Note: This content contains pertinent spoilers, descriptions are updated as new information is presented, images changed as better ones are captured, and this is not an exhaustive list of every cast member, guest star, or reoccurring role.
|Created or Developed By||Rifujin na Magonote|
Groups & Organizations
- Superd Demons (1.2): A demon race that, 4 to 5 centuries ago, caused the Laplace war and are known for their green emerald hair and red gems on their forehead.
- The History of the Superd Tribe (1.9): Like many demons, they joined Laplace in a war against humans for civil rights. However, what they didn’t know at the time was the effect the spears Laplace gave them would have. You see, for the Superd people, their spears are their souls and the spears Laplace gave them made them into killing machines. Thus they not only killed for him, but also killed each other – be it, parents, children, you name it.
- The Fangs of the Black Wolf (1.6): Ghislaine’s old group, which included Paul and Zenith, that existed a little over 7 years ago and included two swordsmen, a fighter, a thief, one mage, and one cleric.
- Greyrat Family (1.8): There is the Notos, Boreas, and two other families part of the Greyrat family.
- Notos Family (1.8): Paul’s older brother, Pilemon, who is scummier than him, is head of the Notos family.
- Dead End (1.10): The group name Rudy comes up with for his, Eris, and Ruijerd’s adventurers’ guild
- Millishion Adventurer’s Guild (1.11): The guild Paul is part of
- Doldias (1.14): The dog people
Notable Locations & Items
- Ranoa University of Magic (1.2): Beyond the Red Dragon Mountains lays the country of Ranoa. In this icy place, the university is one of the top schools for magic users. Also, despite prejudice elsewhere, neither social status nor other aspects of a person’s background matter.
- Asura Kingdom (1.6): The Asura kingdom includes the Fittoa region, of which their largest city is Roa.
- Biegoya (1.9): An area in the northeast section of the Demon continent
- Migurd (1.9): The tribe Roxy is from where they live to be about 200.
- Shirone Kingdom (1.9): The kingdom that Roxy is currently working in as the Court Mage
- Rikarisu (1.10): A populous demon city on the Demon continent
- Millis (1.11): The continent Zenith is from
- Holy Millis Kingdom (1.11): One of the kingdoms on the content of Millis
- Capital (1.16): Millishion
- Zant Port (1.13): A port within the Millis Continent
- The Seven Great Powers Monument (1.15): These represent the seven great warriors which include Technique God, Dragon God, Battle God, Demon God, Death God, Sword God, and North God
- Holy Millis Kingdom (1.11): One of the kingdoms on the content of Millis
- Buena Village (1.11): Potentially the name of the village Paul protects
Other Noteworthy Information
- Magic Ranks (1.1): Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Sacred, Royal, Imperial, Divine
- Rarity (1.4): According to Paul, King Class (Royal) is rare and there are only a handful of known mages at that level.
- Casting Spells (1.1): To cast magic spells, you need to use either magic circles or incantations, with incantations being the norm. But, your aptitude is set at birth, and most use a staff or some type of amplifier to cast spells.
- Rudy Exception (1.1): While you don’t need a staff for basic spells, Rudy shows himself capable of casting powerful spells with just his hands. Though he notes to do so, he has to create what he wants, set the size, set firing speed, and activate. This is peculiar to Roxy since he doesn’t often need a full incantation to do a spell.
- Types of Magic (1.1): There is attack magic, healing magic, and summoning magic.
- Magic Origins (1.2): Came from a race who spoke with spirits and used wind and earth magic to defend themselves from threats
- Birthdays (1.2): In the world Rudy is transported to, birthdays are only celebrated every 5 years, and when you turn 15, you are considered an adult.
- Sword Styles (1.4): Sword God, Water God, and North God.
- The Three Heroes (1.6): Three heroes, of which one was Perugius, the Armored Dragon King, defeated the Demon-God Laplace who wished to wipe out humanity
- The Year (1.6): It is 414 on the Armored Dragon Calendar
- Language (1.7): While not an exhaustive list, there is the basic language most humans know, then there is Beast God, Battle-God, and Demon-God.
- Adventurers Guild of Rikarisu Rankings (1.10): In the adventurer’s guild of Rikarisu, the lowest rank, given to beginners, is F. In order to go on lucrative slay jobs, you need to be ranked C, and you can only accept jobs one rank above your current.
- Time Passed (1.13): Rudy left Buena Village 6 years ago
- Time Passed (1.16): It has been a year and a half since Rudy and Eris were transported to the demon continent.
- Time Passed (1.19): It has been 7 years since Rudy saw Roxy
- Telepath (1.18): We’re told by Roxy that people in her village speak telepathically to each other, and she is one of the few who can’t do that.
- Blessed Children (1.20): A name introduced in the Shirone Kingdom which is given to people who have some kind of power, e.g. Prince Zanoba who has an iron grip that can crush a person’s skull.
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Directory
Affiliate Links (If A Purchase Is Made, The Vendor Will Provide Us A Commission)
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 20 “The Birth of My Little Sister, The Maid” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Alongside seeing what led to Lilia and Aisha ending up in the Shirone Kingdom, we learn how Rudy will escape his imprisonment.|
|Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 19 “Route Selection” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Familiar faces come back in this episode, and at least half of them aren't people Rudy is fond of.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 18 “Separate Journeys” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||As Rudy and the members of Dead End reach the Central Continent, Roxy makes a trip home and we learn why she left in the first place.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 17 “Reunion” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||After a tumultuous reunion, Paul and Rudy find themselves at a bit of an impasse. However, Rudy's memories of a past life, and an unexpected person, trigger a reunion.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 16 “Family Squabble” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||It's an emotional episode as Rudy runs into people who haven't been on his mind, but they have long thought and worried about him.|
|Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 15 “Slow Life in the Doldia Village” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Three months in the Doldia village's rain season leads to new connections and the reveal that a few familiar faces have been in the village before.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 14 "No Such Thing As Free Lunch" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||In a far more violent than usual episode, Rudy is forced to kill someone as his family struggles back home.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 13 “Missed Connections” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Part of the episode features what happened in episode 1, but from Roxy's perspective, before shifting us back to Rudy who ends up liberating those held with Ruijerd.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 12 "The Woman with the Demon Eyes" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation returns in a glorious fashion as if it took a week off and not several months.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1 – Review/ Summary (with Spoilers)||Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation may get to be a bit much at times, with its ecchi, but beyond that, it is one of the most consistent quality shows we've seen in a long time.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1 [Finale]/ Episode 11 " Children and Warriors " – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||In what appears to be the season 1 finale, Rudy learns he'll need to trust his comrades more to reach his goals – or people might die.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 10 “The Value of a Life and the First Job” – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||In the city of Rikarisu, Rudy begins the process of healing the Superd reputation – but Ruijerd sense of justice will make that journey difficult.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 9 "A Chance Encounter" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||A member of the infamous Superd tribe is encountered and a being known as "Man-God" who pushes Rudy to face the Superd.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 8 "Turning Point 1" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||As the episode title reveals, we’ve reached a turning point in Mushoku Tensei, which includes a two-year time jump, Rudy getting handsy, and a potential demon uprising.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 7 "What Lies Beyond Effort" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||As Eris' 10th birthday is on the horizon, Rudy decides it is time to start furthering his studies as his cousin prepares for the major moment. But, soon enough, he is dragged into the chaos.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 6 "A Day Off In Roa" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation rediscovers its balance between world building, character building, and a bit of ecchi for those who need it.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 5 "A Young Lady and Violence" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Will Rudy rue the day he asked for a job to pay for him and Sylvie to go to university together? It all depends if he can win over his cousins.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 4 "Emergency Family Meeting" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Paul does the unthinkable, and due to Rudy calling him out on it, he shows just how cruel he can be to those he loves.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 3 "A Friend" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Despite the title, "A Friend," we would submit that Paul and Rudy's relationship being developed is on par with Rudy making one of his first friends.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1/ Episode 2 "Master" – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||In "Master," we get to peer into Rudy's former life as Roxy preps him for what's to come.|
|Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation: Season 1 Episode 1 "Jobless Reincarnation" [Series Premiere] – Recap/ Review (with Spoilers)||Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation is a reincarnated/transported to another world anime featuring ecchi, magic, and a notable amount of potential.|
In Rudy’s previous life, he was 34, over 200 pounds, and a recluse due to bullying. This led to him being kicked out after his family grew tired of him, and in his final act in life, he saved some kids from being hit by a truck – and ended up killed.
But, luckily for him, he was reborn in a world with magic, swordsmen, and with his memories intact from his previous life, he took to magic quickly, to the ire of his father, and started a new life. One which he is trying to live fully to compensate for the self-imposed seclusion he forced upon himself.
- Introduced In Season 1 Episode 1 “Jobless Reincarnation”
- Light Reading (1.1): Rudy notes he read over 1000 light novels in his past life
- Age (1.2): Is five at the end of the episode
- How Much of A Recluse (1.1): Rudy claims he hasn’t had a conversation with someone in 20 years.
- What Specifically Happened To Rudy In His Past Life (1.2): At least once, but possibly multiple times, Rudy was stripped naked at school and teased about his size. Also, pictures were taken, and he was constantly taunted.
- Payment (1.6): For tutoring Eris, Rudy is paid two silver pieces a month
- Age (1.7): Rudy is 8
- Languages (1.8): Knows the major languages, Beast God, Battle-God, Man-God, and Demon-God.
- New Gift (1.12): Inherits a demon eye that gives him foresight
- Age (1.17): Is 11
Quotes & Gifs
It’s hard to teach something you do by feeling.
— Rudy (1.3)
Fine feathers make a fine bird.
— Rudy (1.6)