A character guide for Funimation’s “Shadows House.” Included is information about characters and noteworthy information about the series they’re in.
Please Note: This content contains pertinent spoilers, descriptions are updated as new information is presented, images changed as better ones are captured, and this is not an exhaustive list of every cast member, guest star, or reoccurring role.
|Created or Developed By||Somato|
|Air Dates||4/10/2021 – TBD|
The focus is on members of the Shadow clan and their “Living Dolls” who are humans that act as their faces. But, this isn’t a slice of life focused on their interactions but the mysteries which members of the Shadow clan hold.
Groups & Organizations
- Shadow Clan (1.1): People who are entirely black and secluded and often rely on what they call “Living Dolls” as their representatives when dealing with those whose flesh can be seen.
Notable Locations & Items
- Debut Hall (1.3): Where members of the Shadow Clan, and their Living Dolls, debut before Lord Grandfather and it is decided whether or not they will be recognized as part of the family.
- Children’s Wing (1.10): Where Shadow Masters go after passing the debut.
Other Noteworthy Information
- Emitting Soot (1.1): When dealing with anger, or other negative emotions, members of the Shadows family emit soot.
- Star Bearer (1.3): Of the Living Dolls, Star Bearers are considered some of the most important Living Dolls there are, both due to their masters’ status and because they are responsible for the systems that expel the soot that Shadow Masters produce
- Phantoms (1.3): When soot goes uncleaned, it gathers into clusters of scorches, and then evolves into a phantom that tries to smother Living Dolls.
- Veiled Dolls (1.4): They are responsible for bringing clean clothes and food to the Living Dolls
- Origins (1.10): Veiled Dolls are dolls of Shadow Masters who failed their debut.
- Morphs (1.10): The essence of Shadow Masters which, after being introduced to a living doll, imitates their shape and, later in their life, is supposed to acquire a personality from interacting with their living doll and eventually, after their soot powers awaken, unify with their living doll.
- Where Do Living Dolls Come From (1.11): They come from a local village that willingly gives their children due to industrial soot which is exchanged and that clouds the people’s minds.
- What Happens When A Shadow Master Fails Their Debut (1.10): They disintegrate.
- Update (1.13): They actually become morphs again.
A member of the Shadow clan who has just came of age; thus she is given a flesh doll.
- Introduced In Season 1/ Episode 1
- Soot (1.8): Her soot rises straight up
Quotes & Gifs
You may correct your failings, but excuses will not be tolerated.
— Kate (1.3)