A cast and character guide for the FreeForm series “The Bold Type.” Featured are the name of cast members, character information, and other noteworthy tidbits about the show.
Please Note: This content contains pertinent spoilers, descriptions are updated as new information is presented, images changed as better ones are captured, and this is not an exhaustive list of every cast member, guest star, or reoccurring role.
Jane (Katie Stevens)
First Noted In – Season 1, Episode 1
Jane was practically raised on Scarlett. For with her mother dying young, and only men in her household, never mind a Midwest upbringing, Scarlett became her sister, mother, female influence, and what essentially made her want to be a writer. But, with being the only girl in a predominately male household, Scarlett couldn’t save Jane from becoming spoiled, stubborn, and maybe a little sheltered. All of which leads to issues for Jane that calls for her to break out of the bubble she didn’t create but certainly maintains.
Additional Information About Jane
- S1E1: Jane was an assistant 4 years before becoming a writer for Scarlett.
- She grew up with three brothers and her dad.
- S1E8: It has been approximately a year and a half since Eric, Jane’s boyfriend before the series, dumped her
- S2E4: Jane has slept with 4 people.
- Is from Colorado
- Stopped being religious after her mother died for the idea of God taking her mother was a lot to deal with
- S2E7: Is anti-gun since, when in 1st grade, the Columbine massacre happened 5 miles away from where she lived
- The daughter of her kindergarten teacher lost her life
- S2E8: Jane is 25
- S3: Takes on Pamela Dolan (Laila Robins)
- S4E7: Is 26
- Mom died at 32
- S4E11: Went to Northwestern
- S4E15: At 8, Jane was given a diary by her dad and it became like her best friend. This evolved into her loving to write.
- S1E1: Has one of her first notable articles in taking down Emma Cox (Brittany LeBorgne), who is/was a maker of menstrual cups.
- S1E10/S2E1: Jane leaves Scarlett for Incite, which is managed by Victoria (Rebecca Croll).
- S2E2: Jane goes on television for the first time (NY14)
- S2E3: We meet Dr. Ben (Luca James Lee). Someone who has been practicing medicine for 5 years, went to UCSF and Columbia and immigrated to the United States at 15.
- S2E6/7: Returns to Scarlett
- S2E8: Jane’s BRCA status begins to become a consistent part of her story.
- S4E5: We meet Jane’s Dad (Kelly AuCoin) for the first time.
- S4E8: We meet Jane’s older brother Evan (Chord Overstreet)
- He is a lawyer, had a wife, and with his wife he had two kids
- Is the oldest brother of Jane