A character guide for HBO’s Euphoria featuring cast members names, character descriptions, and noteworthy information.
Descriptions are updated as new information is presented, and images changed as better ones are captured.
|Get An HBO Free Trial Through Amazon|
Season 1 Finale Has Yet To Air
|Check Out The TV Series & Specials Page|
|Season/ Episode||Synopsis||Episode Information||Topics & Focused Characters|
|Season 1, Episode 8 "And Salt the Earth Behind You" [Season Finale]||The way Euphoria’s season 1 finale leaves you, it will make you wish you knew a top-level SAT word to surmise the conflicting emotions.|
|Season 1, Episode 6 “The Next Episode”||Like Kat’s episode, so much goes on in McKay’s that he becomes a bit of an afterthought.|
|Season 1, Episode 7 “The Trials and Tribulations of Trying to Pee While Depressed”||Cassie is focused on in this episode, and honestly, after all we’ve gone through, at this point, what tears are left to cry?|
|Season 1, Episode 5 "’03 Bonnie and Clyde"||Maddy gets focused on this episode, and it becomes clear that no one has a healthy concept of love – and that could get someone killed.|
|Season 1, Episode 4 “Shook One: Pt II”||Jules’ episode gives us a quick recap of her years up until 16 and leaves us worried if Nate, or even Cal, will make her into a statistic.|
|Season 1, Episode 3 “Made You Look”||While Kat is focused on this episode, Rue going from a blissful manic to an outright depressive state eclipses her episode.|
|Season 1, Episode 2 “Stuntin’ Like My Daddy”||Nate and Kat get focused on, and Maddy to a point, as we dig deeper into East Highland and its many screwed up residents.|
|Season 1, Episode 1 “Pilot” [Series Premiere]||I want you to imagine the graphic nature of 13 Reasons Why and the realness of Skins (UK) turned up but with better performances, better characters, and more explicit scenes.|
First Noted In: Season 1, Episode 1 “Pilot” [Series Premiere]
Born 9/14/2001, Rue’s life has been riddled with trauma. It’s so bad actually that there are gaps in her memory from blocking things out and she is upfront that, as a narrator, she isn’t the most reliable. However, from what she says, we are told she has suffered from panic attacks since she was 11 and was even given liquid Valium to calm her down. Between that and her father dying when she was 13, that is what pushed her to be an addict. And even though she recently OD’d, and her sister found her nearly lifeless body on the floor, she still pursues that high which takes her away from the pain.
Additional Information About Rue
- Over her lifetime, Rue has been diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, general anxiety, and was considered possibly bipolar.
- We’re told in episode 7 she formerly took medication for being manic-depressive but stopped. However, with her being sober, as of that episode, it makes the need for her former medication spike.
- She can’t remember much between the ages of 8 and 12.
- Rue started to take Oxycontin when she was 13 and it was actually her dad’s Oxycontin she got high off of.
- In season 1, Rue is 17.
- Lexi is one of Rue’s sources of information.
- Rue is somewhere on the queer spectrum.
- Rue’s first kiss was when she was 12 and since then she has given 4 handjobs, two blow jobs, and had sex with a boy once. She has also french kissed Lexi, but never been in love.
- Lost her virginity at 15.