A man with a secret finds himself in the company of the other person who knows what he lusts for.
|Screenplay By||Lorenzo Caproni, Fabio Marson|
|Date Released (Digital)||1/22/2021|
|Genre(s)||Drama, LGBT, Young Adult, Non-English|
This content contains pertinent spoilers. Also, images and text may contain affiliate links, which, if a purchase is made, we’ll earn money or products from the company.
While on vacation with his family, Christian finds himself back in the company of Luca. Luca is a young man he used to mess around with before he was married, and Christian finds himself giving in to the desires he has kept hidden.
Things To Note | Question(s) Left Unanswered
- Reason(s) for Film Rating: Sexual content of a slight kinky nature.
- Jump Scares/ Laughs/ Tear-Jerking Moments: N/A
Cast & Characters
Christian is a young man, possibly on the down-low, married, has a son, but when Luca propositions him, he obliges.
A young man with many kinks, who is part of Christian’s past.
On The Fence
It Doesn’t Really Go Anywhere Or Reveal Much
Though it is made clear Christian is a down low man, married, yet still has carnal desires for men, that isn’t really explored. Nor is it whether Christian and Luca met as kids, or if Christian possibly preyed on Luca when he was 16? There is just a lot left to question, with not much in the way of answers. Leaving you only remembering a few sex scenes which, with the camera angles used, don’t show much beyond a bare ass. So you can’t even say those moments maintained your attention.
Rating: Mixed (Divisive)
While The Den certainly has its moments, not exploring Christian beyond the façade presented, or diving deeper into who Luca is, besides a guy who picks up people on vacation, The Den feels incomplete. And while we always give grace to shorts, it’s hard to do so when there is only potential, and more of that is in our heads than presented on screen. Hence the mixed label.
Check out our forums to talk about the latest releases and movie news.
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.