Being caught is always the worst nightmare, but can it be different when you’re a girl and the person is of the same sex?
|Screenplay By||Martin Tylicki, Mathilde Suissa|
|Date Released (Film Festival – NewFest)||10/13/2022|
|Genre(s)||Romance, Young Adult, LGBT+|
|Content Rating||Not Rated|
|Jessie||Darby Lily Lee-Stack|
This content contains pertinent spoilers. Also, images and text in this post may contain affiliate links which, if a purchase is made from those sites, we may earn money or products from the company.
If Maureen was at work as Penelope thought she would be, Jessie wouldn’t be hiding on the side of the bed like a burglar.
Things To Note
Why Is “Hidden” Rated Not Rated
- Dialog: Nothing notable
- Violence: Nothing notable
- Sexual Content: Nothing notable
- Miscellaneous: Nothing notable
Question(s) Left Unanswered
- Is Penelope adopted?
Please Note: This character guide is not an exhaustive list of every cast member, and character descriptions may contain what can be considered spoilers.
Maureen appears to be Penelope’s mother, who seems to be popular at church.
Penelope is a Sophomore at Lincoln and lives with Maureen.
Jessie is a junior at Lincoln who is going through stuff at home, which makes her relationship with Penelope a silver lining in her life.
- You May Also Know The Actor From Being: Elise in the upcoming movie “The Holdovers”
Our Rating: Mixed (Divisive)
A Good Setup For Something More
There is a lot setup that you’d want to see explored further. Is Penelope adopted, and if so, why? What’s going on in Jessie’s household that she is now living with her aunt and uncle? Also, in terms of Maureen, is she truly going to let what she suspects go, or is she just trying to avoid making a scene in front of company. The wheels are turning, and it’ll make you wish more of “Hidden” could be coming soon.
On The Radar
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
- Ending Spoilers: Trying to remember how a film ended, or want a different take on the ending, then check out the "ending spoilers" category.
Affiliate Link(s) Links contain affiliate links which, If you make a purchase, we’ll earn a commission from the company. New Movie Releases - Amazon