Two is a notably strange movie that, unfortunately, doesn’t end with a quality reveal.
|Screenplay By||Cuca Canals, Christian Molina, Mike Hostench|
|Where Can You Watch?||Netflix|
|Duration||1 Hour, 10 Minutes|
This content contains pertinent spoilers. Also, images and text may contain affiliate links, which, if a purchase is made, we’ll earn money or products from the company.
In an undisclosed location, two people, David and Sara, seemingly unrelated in every way possible, find themselves sewn together. Through conversation, they realize they have never crossed paths but considering David’s occupation mixed with Sara’s husband being a jealous madman, there is the need to question if this was an act of revenge in the most grandeur way.
Things To Note | Question(s) Left Unanswered
- Reason(s) for Film Rating: Nudity, Blood, Gore
It Was Interesting, In The Beginning
Initially, Two presented an interesting idea. Two strangers, connected near the hip, who may have been joined due to Sara’s husband believing she was having an affair with this man. Which Sara makes clear isn’t the case but, as David starts revealing things he knows about the room they are in, it does drive suspicions that maybe he is more aware of what is going on than he leads us to believe? Especially considering he paints his life as the opposite of Sara’s more lofty lifestyle.
Ultimately, It Goes Nowhere
Despite the theories and intrigue, in the beginning, they all fall to the waste side by the time you get to the end. In fact, despite clocking in a little over an hour, you might say Two feels longer since it doesn’t deliver after hooking you by its synopsis. And that ending? Let’s just say the need to roll your eyes will be strong once all is revealed.
Rating: Mixed (Divisive)
Two might be yet another example of good marketing for a divisive product. For, on the one hand, the fear Sara presents, and the backstory given between her and David, it does lead you to wonder what could be revealed in the end. However, once we learn who is behind this and why? You’re left saying, “Really?” and wishing you used this hour of your lifespan for something else.
On The Radar
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
- Ending Spoilers: Trying to remember how a film ended, or want a different take on the ending, then check out the "ending spoilers" category.
Affiliate Link(s) Links contain affiliate links which, If you make a purchase, we’ll earn a commission from the company. New Movie Releases - Amazon