This short release by Sony, alongside giving us another notable performance from Sophie Thatcher, also pushes you to hope more shorts might be released on Sony’s channel.
|Screenplay By||Spenser Cohen, Anna Halbeg|
|Where To Watch||YouTube|
|Genre(s)||Drama, Horror, Young Adult|
|Content Rating||Not Rated|
|Nurse Lyn||Alicia Coppola|
In a hospital, a young woman, Mary, lays in bed, awake, unable to voluntarily move anything but her eyes. A nurse, Nurse Lyn, comes to check on her and asks Mary what happened, and through blinking, Mary answers yes or no questions that could potentially save her life from what caused he to be in the hospital.
Things To Note
- Reason(s) for Film Rating: Violence (Implied through noises of bones breaking)
Question(s) Left Unanswered
- Why was the demon focused on Mary?
Please Note: This character guide is not an exhaustive list of every cast member, and character descriptions may contain what can be considered spoilers.
Paralyzed from the neck down, Mary has just awakened from a coma and is reliant on Nurse Lyn to take note of the demon that haunts her and keep her from being pushed out a window again.
A kind nurse who tries to communicate with Mary through blinking.
Like An Extended Trailer
Like any short, the details are sparse on what exactly is going on. However, some demonic figure wants to kill Mary. She knows this, and with the demon’s presence around, Mary also knows her mortality could be at its end. This makes Nurse Lyn talking to Mary an intense affair since Mary can’t run, so she is reliant on this woman asking the right questions so that she may make it through the night alive. All of which, with just her face, Thatcher pushes every inch of her being to convey the fear of her character.
Ultimately leaving you to wonder if this tease may get fleshed out considering Thatcher’s star is rising, and soon she might be too booked and busy to flesh out this role.
Our Rating: Positive (Worth Seeing)
It’s not clear why Sony released this short, but what is definitely known is that it likely is going to have the fans of the horror genre taking note of this release. There is just enough intensity, jump scares even, to make this a good, quick, little scare, and Thatcher certainly tries to push things to the next level, even without uttering a word or moving her limbs. Thus really pushing that, beyond Yellowjackets, she is definitely someone who is going to set the entertainment business on fire.
On The Radar
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
- Ending Spoilers: Trying to remember how a film ended, or want a different take on the ending, then check out the "ending spoilers" category.