Four boys steal their school exam papers and make a business from selling the tests, but how will they deal with karma biting them in the ass?
|Screenplay By||Joeri Kloppert|
|Where Can You Watch?||Video On Demand|
|Genre(s)||Comedy, Crime, Young Adult, Non-English|
This content contains pertinent spoilers. Also, images and text may contain affiliate links, which, if a purchase is made, we’ll earn money or products from the company.
Thijs, Tobias, Sjeng, and Tarik break into a house and steal a multitude of their school exams for profit. But in time, as their gain notoriety, the jig is up! But will all four go down, will there be consequences, and will that be all that happens to these rambunctious four young men?
Things To Note | Question(s) Left Unanswered
- Reason(s) for Film Rating: Bad behaving minors
On The Fence
It’s All About The Mischief
When it comes to the boys, you get to learn very little to damn near nothing about them. Heck, while we could tell you who Tobias and Thijs are, as for which one is Sjeng and Tarik? We’d have to guess since names aren’t really said, and in terms of personality, that isn’t established with any of the boys. All that Gameboy really establishes is these four are friends, they stole a multitude of tests and made some money. As for why they did, whether there were long-term plans, and how all four are currently dealing in school? That’s a mystery.
Which for us makes watching this a real challenge since we usually try to fill in the blanks with shorts to give them some grace, but I don’t think we were really given the tools to do so here.
Rating: Mixed (Divisive)
Gameboy focuses mainly on the high of stealing something and getting away with it. As for the comedown from that high or building up to it? That’s absent, and only a full-length feature could provide that information. But with learning so little about the boys, be it their group dynamic or them as individuals, Gameboy doesn’t really push you to want to learn more since it gives you so little to get interested in beyond the superficial.
- Recommended: Some of the best seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
- Netflix Original Movies: Films that, primarily, are Netflix originals, or were found on Netflix and should still be on the platform.
- Amazon Prime – Movies: Films only available with an Amazon Prime subscription.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.