Government soldiers face off against a mecha bear that has killed dozens without mercy.
|Director(s)||Jennifer Yuh Nelson|
|Screenplay By||Philip Gelatt|
|Date Released (Netflix)||5/20/2022|
|Genre(s)||Action, Sci-Fi, Animation, War|
|Sgt Morris||Joel McHale|
This content contains pertinent spoilers.
Sgt. Morris and his team were on patrol, split from a much larger group. But, when they reconvene, the other group is massacred, and this giant cybernetic bear has every desire to make them next.
Things To Note
- Reason(s) for Film Rating: Cursing (Yup), Violence (Gore, Blood, Gun Violence), Sexual Content (Starts off with someone peeing, and their penis shown), Miscellaneous (smoking)
Please Note: This character guide is not an exhaustive list of every cast member, and character descriptions may contain what can be considered spoilers.
With a eccentric group under his command, Sgt. Morris tries to be the level-headed one who keeps them all in line.
It Does What Is Expected
In many ways, Kill Team Kill delivers what you expect. We got a sarcastic group of soldiers, this monstrous enemy who tears through people quicker than you can remember their names, and there are a lot of body parts strewn around, explosions, and jokes – even when someone is dying. All of which doesn’t really make Kill Team Kill rememberable in the long run, but it does make it entertaining in the short term.
Our Rating: Positive (Worth Seeing)
Kill Team Kill eeks out a positive rating purely because it doesn’t overstay its welcome. Thanks to that, even if, in general, you are accustomed to this kind of violence, Kill Team Kill gets to be brutal and avoid getting boring.
Who Is This For?
Those who like nearly non-stop action, sarcastic characters, and gory scenes.
On The Radar
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
- Ending Spoilers: Trying to remember how a film ended, or want a different take on the ending, then check out the "ending spoilers" category.