All Through the House presents the idea Santa’s Little Helpers may not be cuddly and friendly reindeer, and naughty kids may not just deal with coal.
|Screenplay By||Joachim Heijndermans, Philip Gelatt|
|Where Can You Watch?||Netflix|
|Genre(s)||Fantasy, Horror, Animation, Holiday|
|William (Billy)||Sami Amber|
This content contains pertinent spoilers. Also, images and text may contain affiliate links, which, if a purchase is made, we’ll earn money or products from the company.
It’s Christmas Eve, and two children, Billy and Leah, hear something downstairs! However, what they see is by no means Santa Claus.
Things To Note | Question(s) Left Unanswered
- Reason(s) for Film Rating: The creature’s look is definitely not for children
Cast & Character Guide
Please Note: This is not an exhaustive list of every cast member.
Leah (Divi Mittal)
Leah is a young girl who, with her brother, wants to see Santa Claus.
Billy (Sami Amber)
Leah’s younger brother who wakes up in the middle of the night, hoping to get a glimpse of the famous Santa Claus.
Creature (Fred Tatasciore)
Some thing which may deliver presents but is not Santa Claus.
Brings New Meaning To The Lyrics Of “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town”
The line in the song which says, “So be good for goodness sake” is definitely what this short is built around. For as the creature sniffs and analyzes, you are left to wonder, even fear a bit, what if one of these kids are naughty? Will it eat them, swallow them and enslave them at the North Pole to make toys forever? These questions aren’t answered, but you do get a nice fright and chain of thoughts when all is said and done.
Rating: Positive (Worth Seeing)
All Through The House presents a nice little scary story that reminds you how some holiday lyrics can be twisted and made into something horrific.
- Recommended: Some of the best seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
- Netflix Original Movies: Films that, primarily, are Netflix originals, or were found on Netflix and should still be on the platform.
- Amazon Prime – Movies: Films only available with an Amazon Prime subscription.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
All Through the House Ending (Spoilers)
Both Billy and Leah go downstairs to see Santa Claus but end up coming face to face with a creature that doesn’t look anything like any Christmas tale marketed to kids. If anything, it looks like the monster from Alien, after several generations of evolving and adapting to Earth. The only difference is, this being can talk and can apparently smell whether a person is naughty or nice.
Luckily, for both Billy and Leah, they are nice, so it regurgitates their gifts and then heads up the chimney. Leaving both kids shock they got what they wanted but also wondering what would happen if they were naughty?
Does All Through The House Have Series or Feature Film Potential?
It appears as a one-and-done short that doesn’t need expansion.