Like a horror movie, Jackass Forever allows you a safe, vicarious experience that makes you wince, gag a little, but be so glad it’s not you in the scenario.
|Concepts By||Jason ‘Wee Man’ Acuña, Eric André, Derrick Beckles, Colton Dunn, Dave England, Spike Jonze, Johnny Knoxville, Nick Kreiss, Preston Lacy, Knate Lee, Bam Margera, Ehren McGhehey, Chris Pontius, Sarah Sherman, Steve-O, Jeff Tremaine, Andrew Weinberg|
|Where To Watch||In Theaters|
|Genre(s)||Action, Comedy, Documentary|
|Duration||1 Hour 36 Minutes|
|Content Rating||Rated R|
|Himself||Jason ‘Wee Man’ Acuña|
|Himself||Machine Gun Kelly|
|Himself||Tyler The Creator|
Throughout over 30 different scenarios, Jackass veterans and newcomers get hit in the nuts, vomit, launch and leap to an unrelenting ground, get wedgies, shocked, get bit and stung by various animals and all you expect of them. With no actual storyline, just stunts.
Other Noteworthy Information
- Reason(s) for Film Rating: Nudity (so many penises), vomiting, blood, torture, bodily fluids (Pig Semen), and so much more
Question(s) Left Unanswered
- How much does it cost to insure a film like this?
They May All Be Over 45, Yet It’s Like They’re Still In Their Twenties
For those who watch WWE and see their favorite stars, The Undertaker, for example, you may get the same thrill of seeing them on screen, but with their bodies battered and bruised, they move slower, the risks are more calculated, and it’s just not the same. That isn’t the case with the Jackass crew. If anything, they go bigger, harder, bring in guests, like Machine Gun Kelly and Tyler The Creator, and have them join in.
Also, they give the young guys a run for their money. This isn’t to say Pontius, Steve-O, and Knoxville compete with the young ones and show them they can still take a hit, but they make it even. For every time Knoxville gets hit by a bull, or Steve-O does something which leads him to vomiting on camera, a newcomer gets repeatedly stung by a scorpion, in the face, bit by a snake, in the face, or kiss a taser.
So, for those who grew up on Jackass, you get a lot of what you’re used to, and it is just as funny, stupid, disgusting, and frightening to watch.
Replay And Slow-Mo
Let me tell you something, I don’t know who invented replay and slow-mo, but Jackass Forever makes use of it in a way that feels masterful. It helps you understand the impact when a cast member is hit in the testicles, while wearing a cup, with a fist, hockey puck, softball, and more. It makes seeing someone’s launch off a ramp, before hitting the dirt, as artistic as a pretentious Oscar-bait movie and really drives home that this should not be tried at home.
There are just so many stunts and pranks. You have a slap game featuring Steve-O and Machine Gun Kelly, cycling to not be hit by a giant hand. Also, there is Tyler The Creator trying not to get shocked, alongside people tap dancing, barefoot, on an electrified floor. Then there is the dumping of gallons of pig ejaculation fluid on someone while they think they are being interviewed. Clearly, they wanted fans to have options. Yes, some are more disgusting than others, others are just simple pranks, and then there are ones that make you grimace as people get the kind of concussions that freak out their castmates.
You may think you’d grow accustomed to watching these men, and one woman, hurt themselves and each other or the gross-out humor, which often features penises and testicles being bruised and bleeding. However, that doesn’t happen. In fact, when the credits start rolling, you’ll be checking your phone, asking where the time went? It’s like going down a YouTube black hole watching this, and no matter what happens, you can’t look away, for you get completely mesmerized.
Jackass Forever, by no means, is trying to win over new fans. It’s for long time fans and the curious who want to see some of the living OGs of amateur stunts and pranks show off what they can do while putting on the next generation. Which they do, and more than any horror remake, requel, or revival of any franchise under the Disney banner, Jackass Forever delivers what its fans want and doesn’t leave you the slightest bit disappointed.
On The Radar
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
- Ending Spoilers: Trying to remember how a film ended, or want a different take on the ending, then check out the "ending spoilers" category.