A guide for the Netflix movie “Project Power.” Included are noted cast members, information about their character, and other additional details about the film
Please Note: This content contains pertinent spoilers, and this is not an exhaustive list of every cast member.
|Director(s)||Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman|
On the streets of New Orleans, word begins to spread about a mysterious new pill that unlocks superpowers unique to each user. The catch: You don’t know what will happen until you take it. While some develop bulletproof skin, invisibility, and super strength, others exhibit a deadlier reaction. But when the pill escalates crime within the city to dangerous levels, a local cop (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) teams with a teenage dealer (Dominique Fishback) and a former soldier fueled by a secret vendetta (Jamie Foxx) to fight power with power and risk-taking the pill in order to track down and stop the group responsible for creating it.
Groups & Organizations
- Teleios: The government organization which created the Power pill
- New Orleans: Where Project Power takes place.
Other Noteworthy Information
- The Power Pill: Allows for either 5 minutes of experiencing a superpower or dying instantly.
- It should be noted, even if you can use a superpower, as with any pill, there are side effects, and the creators of Project Power limited the possible powers to what exist in nature and are geared towards being science-based. Meaning, whether on fire, have toughened skin, or any other superpower, this doesn’t mean you won’t be bruised, burned, or show some sign that something happened to you physically, either on the outside or inside.
- Powers, and their side effects, are a mix between visual effects, special effects, makeup, practical effects, and stunt teams.
- Filming: Project Power was filmed entirely in New Orleans from 2018 into 2019 and the post-production work, VFX, musical score, and soundscape, was done during the COVID-19 epidemic.
Where To Watch