A guide for the film “For The Love Of Money.” Noted are cast members, information about their character(s), and additional details about the film’s story and characters.
Please Note: This content contains pertinent spoilers, the post is updated as new information is presented, images changed as better ones are captured, and this is not an exhaustive list of every cast member.
General Information – For The Love Of Money
|Writer(s)||Timothy Allen Smith, Zadia Ife, Leslie Small|
|Where To Watch?||In Theaters|
At one time, Greg and Gigi were a happy couple, raising their daughter Ashley together with the help of Gigi’s mom Dalia. However, once their marriage collapsed, Greg got petty and made Gigi’s life difficult – specifically when it came to money. So now, with private school bills, amongst all the bills to keep the house, Gigi is overwhelmed, and selling memberships at a gym and working at a local club isn’t cutting it.
So, when the guy who sexually harasses her, Brian, and his partner, Bobby, get caught slipping, she realizes their operation could make her some money. So she talks to them, their boss named Tre, and links them with her connect, Pastor G. But, as always, it only takes one idiot given too much responsibility and power to ruin the plan.
Groups & Organizations
Notable Locations & Items
- Symphoni Champagne Bar: Gigi, Brian, and Bobby’s workplace owned by Chris
Other Noteworthy Information
Cast & Character Guide
Please Note: This is not an exhaustive list of every cast member.
Gigi Davis (Keri Hilson)
A single mother of one working two jobs to make ends meet, Gigi needed her ex-husband Greg to do a bit more. However, because he didn’t, Gigi had to tap into her knowledge about money laundering and the drug game to make ends meet.
Greg (Jason Mitchell)
Greg is Gigi’s ex-husband who, because of why they divorced, he does make her life more difficult than it needs to be and uses Ashley to score points whenever possible. But, outside of being petty (arguably for a good reason), Greg is a federal agent with a focus on drug trafficking.
Ashley (Jazzy Jade)
Ashley is Greg and Gigi’s daughter, who is a good girl. She goes to church, even sings there, does well in basketball, and is an overall good student. Unfortunately, this is at a private school, which causes financial strain for her mom, but it is worth it.
Dalia (LisaRaye McCoy)
Dalia is Gigi’s mom, who helps take care of Ashley when Gigi is working.
Brian (Cedric Pendleton)
Originally, Brian was one of Gigi’s co-workers who would harass her daily but, after they get into business together, they become more friendly – but still very much platonic.
Bobby (D.C. Young Fly)
Bobby is a hot ass mess who works with Gigi and Brian at the Symphoni Champagne Bar but is also Tre’s right-hand man when it comes to laundering money for Tre’s business.
Since High School, Tre and Bobby have known each other, but while Bobby is waiting tables and handing people food and drinks, Tre has been making money. It isn’t clear by what means, beyond something illegal, but he is definitely living comfortably.
Pastor G (Katt Williams)
Pastor G is Gigi’s father, Dalia’s ex, who puts up a front as a pastor but uses the church to clean money and invest in the community.
Chris (Keith Sweat)
Chris owns Symphoni Champagne Bar and employs Gigi, Bobby, and Brian.
For The Love Of Money Ending Explained (Spoilers)
How Does For The Love Of Money End?
After Bobby blows up the operation he, Tre, Brian, and Gigi crafted, Tre kills Bobby, and Brian pretty much exits the picture for this got too big for him anyway. Thus, Gigi is on the hook, and while she originally was just going to do this to catch up on some bills, Tre makes it seem like, if she tries to leave, he’ll do something to Ashley. Also, he says he’ll do something to Greg, but Gigi isn’t so worried about him.
So, with Tre threatening Gigi’s family and having the nerve to come to her mother’s funeral, with her father’s help, she takes him out. She gives him the kiss of death, appears to give him some ass, then kills him and has her father’s people clean up the mess.
But that’s not all! With the money she made from dealing with Tre, she bought Chris’ club and now runs it, and using one of Tre’s accounts, she gives Greg the money he wanted to cover the legal costs from Ashley knocking someone out at school. Though what Greg didn’t know is he was cashing a check gotten from drug money, and when his employer finds out, he gets suspended.
This seemingly makes it so Ashley, after being forced to live with her dad, or else he would snitch on Gigi hanging around Tre, can now live with her momma again.
Does For The Love Of Money Have Prequel/ Sequel Potential?
Considering Gigi has Chris’ former bar, there does come the question of how she can take over Tre’s business? Does she know enough about his supplier and runners to do so? Also, considering all the warnings her mother provided, would she be willing to go into that life? It’s hard to say what could come next for Gigi, but a sequel could explore it.
On The Radar
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
- Ending Spoilers: Trying to remember how a film ended, or want a different take on the ending, then check out the "ending spoilers" category.