A summary of how Along For The Ride (2022) ended and whether a prequel or sequel is possible.
|Date Released (Netflix)||5/6/2022|
|Directed By||Sofia Alvarez|
|Screenplay By||Sofia Alvarez|
This content contains pertinent spoilers.
How Did It End?
Pretty much, everyone starts a new chapter in their life. Auden is a bit freer as a person but by no means a wild child, and she currently is Maggie’s roommate at Defries. As for Auden and Eli’s relationship? It might be a long-distance relationship, or they might just be friends now. It isn’t 100% clear. We do know, though, that he is in Barcelona and is back into BMX, so he’s happy.
So, what about the parents? After being a horrible partner and father, Robert is actively participating in raising Thisbe, which allows Heidi to regain her sanity and get to tend to the store. Also, despite her preconceived notions about Heidi, it seems she and Victoria are cool. Not to the point of Victoria going to Heidi’s home and spending time with her, but it seems Victoria has removed the stick that was up her behind.
Oh, and what about Auden and Victoria’s relationship? It’s better. Auden was Victoria’s crutch for a long time, and rather than continue with her weird method of guilting her daughter, she lets her be a child instead of her best friend expected to be some semblance to being her twin.
Is There Sequel/ Prequel Potential?
Absolutely! With Auden now in college, she has the opportunity to have the kind of school experiences she avoided in high school. She can go to college parties while doing well academically, hang out with friends, and maybe join a social club. Heck, with things not necessarily clear between her and Eli, she could even date a bit. Maybe even, dare I say, be intimate with someone!
On The Radar
- Recommended: Some of the best-seen movies we have ever watched and mentioned to friends, family, and strangers as films that need to be seen.
- Positive (Worth Seeing): Whether you’ll have to go to the movies, download, or stream, movies of this category are worth your time and money with few, if any, qualms from us.
- Mixed (Divisive): Due to this movie having a few quirks, of which may work for some and for others be a problem, we believe your enjoyment of this movie will depend on your taste.
- Negative (Acquired Taste): While one or two elements kept us going until the end, unfortunately, we’re of the opinion this film never reached the potential it was marketed to have.
Special Categories/ Tags
- Indie: By our definition, independent films are films you have to seek to find due to limited availability or lack of a marketing push.
- Film Festival: Featured in this tag are films and shorts which were discovered thanks to various film festivals, so some of the productions may not have wide availability but still may deserve to be on your watch.
- Shorts: Be it ten or fifteen minutes, or a half-hour, these quick teases or films get right to the point, often show the potential of filmmakers and the actors who have joined them in their journey.
- Ending Spoilers: Trying to remember how a film ended, or want a different take on the ending, then check out the "ending spoilers" category.